If you have a history of cold sores, please let Dr. Sundine know so he can prescribe Valtrex for you pre and postoperatively.
- Most of your discomfort will be within the first 4-8 hours after the peel, while most of your swelling will be in the first 3-5 days.
- Bacitracin ointment of Elta Lite cream is to be applied very lightly to the area 2 times daily for the first 2 days only.
- On the third day, you may cleanse your face lightly with tepid water and pat dry. Do not apply any more moisturizers at this time to allow for the peeling to begin.
- Apply Vaseline to lips only, frequently throughout the day.
- Do not apply cold cloths or ice packs to the face.
- Your first follow-up visit will be approximately 3-5 days after the peel. Do not hesitate to call if you have any questions or problems before then.
- Avoid the use of extreme facial expressions.
- Sleep on your back avoiding your face-contacting bedding.
- Do not allow water or shampoo to contact the treated area.
- Do not remove flaked skin by pulling, picking, or rubbing. This can cause hyperpigmentation, scarring, and other complications.
- Most crusting and peeling occurs within 5-7 days after the peel.
- You may apply a gentle cleanser. Gently cleanse using only fingertips in a circular motion and rinse with tepid water twice daily, morning and night.
- You may apply Elta Lite to the areas that have peeled, very sparingly, twice daily after splashing with tepid water and allowing your face to dry.
- Hypoallergenic moisturizers and cosmetics may be applied after healing is complete, about 7-10 days after the peel.
- Normal skincare routines may be resumed after recommendations by your physician or aesthetician.
Post Chemical Peel
The skin of your face is sensitive to sunlight. Try and avoid time spent in the sun as much as possible for the first 7-10 days. Protect your facial skin from the sun by wearing a wide brim hat and apply sunblock SPF 30 or greater, one that has both UVA and UVB sunblock protection.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL DR. SUNDINE
During the hours of 8:30 AM-5:00 PM, please call the office at 949-706-3100. There is no such thing as a minor question. I would rather you call me than wonder and not do the right thing, so please call my office or e-mail me any time.