Conveniently located to serve Newport Beach & all areas of Orange County
At our practice in Newport Beach, lip augmentation also known as lip lift or lip implant is a very popular procedure. Dr. Sundine’s extensive background in facial aesthetics and reconstruction is vital to his success when performing lip augmentation with the SurgiSil Lip Implant. If you are looking for a way to enhance the size, shape, and overall appearance of your lips, our team can provide you with beautiful results from your lip augmentation in Newport Beach
Am I a Good Candidate for Lip Augmentation?
Good candidates for lip augmentation using a lip implant should be unhappy with the thin or flat appearance of their lips or the shape and overall look of their lips. Candidates for lip augmentation should also have realistic expectations about the results that are possible through surgery. During your consultation, Dr. Sundine will go over the lip augmentation process, let you know what to expect during your recovery, and address any questions you may have about the procedure.
Lip Augmentation with SurgiSil Lip Implants
SurgiSil lip implants are FDA-cleared silicone elastomer facial implants. These implants are designed to never deflate or rupture in order to provide long-lasting results that look incredibly natural. The implants are made using a special injection molding process in order to create custom implants that look as beautiful and natural as possible. The implants can also be safely removed at any time.
What to Expect During Your Lip Augmentation
This procedure can be performed in a simple office setting under local anesthesia. The entire process can take less than 30 minutes, and normal activity may be resumed the following day. Dr. Sundine is widely regarded by his patients to offer the best lip augmentation Newport Beach and Orange County residents look forward to.
How Much Does Lip Augmentation In Newport Beach Cost?
The cost of a Newport Beach lip lift can vary on a number of factors. During your consultation with Dr. Sundine, he will go over all associated costs and questions about the procedure.
Schedule Your Lip Augmentation Consultation
We’re confident you’ll be very satisfied with your decision, as Dr. Sundine is known by his patients as the Best Newport Beach Plastic surgeon. To schedule a consultation and learn more about lip implants in Orange County, contact our office today and set up your appointment.
Other Aesthetic Facial Procedures We Offer
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon Dr. Michael J. Sundine is proud to offer a variety of facial aesthetic procedures. In addition to performing lip augmentation, he is a well-known facelift, chin augmentation, brow lift, and rhinoplasty Newport Beach surgeon. Over the years he has also helped many Orange county patients look more youthful.
Lip Augmentation After Care Instructions
- Start Valtrex 500 mg, two times daily, starting one day prior to surgery. The purpose of this medication is to decrease your risk of developing shingles or herpes zoster after your laser treatment. This complication is painful and causes the highest risk of scarring, therefore, Valtrex is mandatory. You will continue this medication for 5 days following the procedure.
- DO NOT take aspirin or ibuprofen products (ie. Bufferin, Anacin, Advil, Motrin, Anacin-free, Excedrin), 2 weeks prior or 2 weeks post-surgery. Tylenol (acetaminophen) is okay.
- DO NOT SMOKE! Smoking can cause poor wound healing and my result in bad scarring.
- Other medications prescribed are as follows: Keflex is an antibiotic to reduce your risk of infection after the procedure. Vicodin/Lortab is a pain medication to control any discomfort. Take these medications with food or milk to avoid nausea and/or vomiting.
After Care Instructions
- Rest quietly for the remainder of your surgery day. The next day you can perform routine activities. No strenuous exercise for 2 weeks.
- Sleep on your back with the head elevated using a pillow for 1-2 weeks.
- No bending over, lifting, or straining for 3-4 days.
- Eat foods that are soft and require minimal chewing for 3-4 days. Do not chew gum, salads, or tough meats. No hot or salty foods or fluids for 48 hours.
- NO SMOKING for at least two weeks after surgery. Smoking will inhibit your healing process.
AVOID opening mouth more than 1 inch wide to prevent incision separation (opening).
- Use a small child’s toothbrush to brush your teeth and rinse your mouth after meals.
Clean incisions at the corner of the mouth with diluted hydrogen peroxide ( 1⁄4 hydrogen peroxide, 3⁄4 water) then apply an antibiotic ointment (Neosporin, Polysporin) 3 times per day for 2 weeks.
- Take the antiviral prescription and antibiotics until finished.
- Use cool compresses for 24-48 hours to reduce swelling. NO DIRECT ICE.
- Keep lips moisturized for 2-3 weeks with Vaseline, Carmex, or a similar product.
- Do no massage your lips.
1 Week Post Surgery Appointment
Gently verify that the implant remains centered / top and bottom.
2 Week Post Surgery Appointment
- Discuss stretching exercises: should be performed 2-3 times a day / 10-15 times each for 2-3 months to help alleviate excessive scar tissue formation.
- Stretching exercises are to be started when sutures are gone and incisions have healed (usually by 2 1⁄2 -3 weeks Post-op)
- Exercises of stretching will include:
- Opening mouth widely then back to a closed position.
- Excessive smiling (pulling lips tightly against teeth) then back to a closed position.
*Any tightness that you might experience will start to dissipate once you begin these exercises. Continue these stretching exercises for 2-3 months even if you are not experiencing any tightness.
*Please do not massage your lips.