Conveniently located to serve Newport Beach & all areas of Orange County
Dermal fillers are facial injectables that restore volume to the face. They are an excellent treatment option for patients seeking to fill in facial wrinkles and lines. Dr. Sundine offers a range of dermal fillers to address your unique facial aesthetic concerns without invasive surgery. The most popular dermal fillers available include: Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, Perlane and a few others.
To learn more about dermal fillers, please read the paragraphs below. To schedule a consultation with Orange County cosmetic surgeon Dr. Sundine, please contact his office at 949 706 3100.
Who Is a Candidate for Dermal Fillers?
If you have minor facial wrinkles and lines affecting any area of the face, you are a good candidate for dermal fillers. After discussing your concerns and taking a look at your face, Dr. Sundine will help you decide which type of filler will deliver the best and most lasting results. Most dermal fillers are comprised of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the body that minimizes the risk of allergic reaction.
Dermal Fillers in Newport Beach
Dermal fillers are injectables that are administered to specific areas of the face under topical anesthesia. Dr. Sundine performs the procedure at his office, with treatment time lasting about 30 to 45 minutes. Dermal fillers can be administered in the lip area to add volume to the lips. They can also be used to fill in hollow cheeks, crow’s feet, forehead lines and nasolabial folds. Essentially, any area that needs to be filled in or needs volume can be treated with dermal fillers, including scars.
Recovering from the Procedure
Facial injectables are minimally invasive and do not require any down time. You will not need to take any time off work or change your daily routine. After being injected, you may feel some soreness and/or bruising but only for about 24 to 48 hours. Different types of dermal fillers will deliver results at different times. Some patients see results right away, while for others it takes a few days until full results are evident. Dr. Sundine will thoroughly educate you on what to expect and when. The longevity of your results will also depend on the specific dermal filler. If you wish to maintain the aesthetic benefits that you have achieved with Dr. Sundine, you can have repeat treatments.
Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Michael Sundine is a top provider of aesthetic procedures for the skin, face, body and breasts. In addition to offering dermal fillers, he performs comprehensive face surgeries such as Newport Beach blepharoplasty, facelift and rhinoplasty. To learn more or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Sundine, contact this practice at 949 706 3100.
Facial Soft Tissue Fillers After Care Instructions
Before and After Care Instructions
- Avoid Aspirin, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, Vitamin E (>400 units per day), Vitamin C (>3 grams per day), and Fish Oil at least 10 days prior to your office appointment.
- Apply Ice Compresses to the treated areas as much as possible for the first 24 hours.
- Maintain normal oral hygiene.
- Gentle massage of the area can begin after the first postoperative day IF directed to do so by Dr. Sundine.
- Elevate your head on pillows while in bed the first 1-2 days following the procedure(s).
- Vaseline ointment or lip balm may be applied to the lips three times daily for the first three days following injections to the lip areas.
- Avoid strenuous exercise such as running, jogging, and lifting weights for at least three to five days following the procedure. Walking is permissible with the heart rate below 100 beats per minute.
- Dr. Sundine will see you in follow up at two weeks and again at three months following filler injections. Call the office to schedule your follow up appointment at your convenience.
- Dr. Sundine can be reached on his cell phone at 949-677-5845 if you should experience any sign of infection which is signaled by fever, increased pain, newly appearing redness or swelling in the treated areas. His e-mail address is [email protected]
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL DR SUNDINE
During the hours of 8:30 AM-5:00 PM, please call the office at 949-706-3100. If you need immediate care, please call Dr. Sundine anytime on his cell phone (949-677-5845). There is no such thing as a minor question. I would rather you call me than wonder and not do the right thing, so please call my office or e-mail me any time.
Dr. Sundine’s Office: 949-706-3100
Dr. Sundine’s Cell Phone: 949-677-5845 Dr. Sundine’s e-mail: [email protected]